With the search features of this site, you can browse our catalog in a variety of ways. You can perform a search that returns all vinyl by a certain artist, all CDs in a certain genre, every release on a label based in a certain country, or another search that meets just about any requirements you might have. Regardless of your search, you will find the most recent items listed first in the search results, and have the ability to re-sort those results.
In the upper right hand corner of the site, you will see a link to open the advanced search engine next to the magnifying glass. Clicking on this link opens the advanced search area below the top menu.
Now you have a check box for soundclips, menus to choose country, format, genre, or artist, and a field to enter your search string:
* SOUNDCLIPS - Checking the 'soundclips' box means that your search results will be limited to those products with sound clips on our site.
* COUNTRY - Choosing a country means that your search results will be limited to titles on a label based in a certain country.
* FORMAT - Choosing a format means that your search results are limited to products in a certain format.
* GENRE - Choosing a genre means that your search results are limited to products in a certain genre.
* SEARCH TERMS - The last drop down menu allows you to search for text that appears in a certain artist name, catalog number, label name, product title, or you can choose to search 'any field'. In the last box next to the magnifying glass, enter your search term. You can leave this field blank if you provide other criteria. For example, choose rock from the genre menu, and click the magnifying glass, you will be viewing all rock titles in our catalog.
On the search results pages you have many options for viewing and sorting your results:
By default you will be viewing 10 search results at a time. Use the following tools to navigate and sort:
* GO TO ITEM: If your search yields more than 10 results, you can enter a number in this box and press return. You will be taken to the search result page that contains that result number.
* PREVIOUS/NEXT: Use these links, if your search has over 10 results, to browse the result pages, moving forward and backward.
* ITEMS PER PAGE: Choose how many search results you would like to view at once, between 10 and 100 items per search result page.
* ARTIST, TITLE, FORMAT, LABEL, CATALOG # SEARCH RESULT HEADERS: You can ?lick on these headers, located directly above the search results, to sort a search result page by the criteria of your choice. When you click on one of these headers, you will see a triangle pointing up:
This indicates that the current search result page is now sorted in ascending alphabetical order according to your criteria. You can click again to change the order to descending, and the triangle will flip over.
You also have the option of browsing our catalog using the "Artists" and "Labels" tabs on the top menu. Here you can select a certain letter of the alphabet, or choose "All" to view a list of all artists or labels that we carry. Clicking on these links will bring you to a label or artist page where you can view all associated releases.